Monday, October 27, 2008

Conference Quotes

I downloaded all the conference talks from the October 2008 General Conference onto my iPod. I have been listening to them on the way to work in the mornings. I just thought I would share a few of the quotes that I really enjoyed.


From You Know Enough by Elder Neil L. Anderson (one of my favorites so far...read the whole thing if you get a chance!!)

"Our spiritual journey is the process of a lifetime. We do not know everything in the beginning or even along the way. Our conversion comes step-by-step, line upon line. We first build a foundation of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. We treasure the principles and ordinances of repentance, baptism, and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost. We include a continuing commitment to prayer, a willingness to be obedient, and an ongoing witness of the Book of Mormon."

"At times, the Lord’s answer will be, 'You don’t know everything, but you know enough'—enough to keep the commandments and to do what is right."

"Fear and faith cannot coexist in our hearts at the same time. In our days of difficulty, we choose the road of faith."


From The Infinite Power of Hope by Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf

"Hope is not knowledge, but rather the abiding trust that the Lord will fulfill His promise to us."


From Come What May, and Love It by Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

“[C]ome what may, and love it.”

"[L]earn to laugh."

"The simple secret is this: put your trust in the Lord, do your best, then leave the rest to Him.”


That's all for now. I'll post more once I have listened to a few more talks.

No comments: